The municipality covers the population size of 548 760 persons as per 2016 Community
survey, which is 34% of the total population of Ehlanzeni District Municipality, and 14% of the
total Province population. It is renowned for its agricultural and tourist attractions.
It was declared a presidential nodal point by the President of the Republic in 2001. It is
located in the north-eastern part of Mpumalanga Province and is surrounded by the Kruger
National Park in the east, City of Mbombela Local Municipality in the south and Thaba
Chweu Local Municipality in the western side of the province. The municipality covers
approximately over 1 000, 000 ha, part of Kruger National Park forms part of the municipal
land. The municipality consists of 38 wards with 38 ward councillors and 38 PR Councillors.
Our Core Value
- Responsible governance
- Efficient service Delivery
- The Logo of the Municipality is made up of the head of the Buck, two spears, two Rhino horns, two green flowers which stands for the bush and one three legged pot.
- The design of the logo is influenced by the richness of the tradition and cultural heritage of Bushbuckridge.
- People used to hunt wild animals around the area; they used spears to kill animals and a pot to cook.
- The Rhino horns are used for ivory.
- The Logo tells much about the richness of wild animals around the area as the Municipality is adjacent to Kruger National Park which boosts the Big Five animals.