This is a four (4) year fixed performance contract in terms of Section 56 of the Municipal Systems Amendment Act of 2011. The successful candidate will report directly to the Municipal Manager. A competitive remuneration package is negotiable.
- The applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration or relevant tertiary qualification.
- A postgraduate qualification in social sciences will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years managerial experience preferably within a Local Government Environment.
- A valid Code 08 driver’s license.
- Knowledge of Local Government and / or public sector legislation, policies, regulations, standards and procedures.
- Legibility in terms of the competency framework for senior / section 57 managers as promulgated by the minister of cooperative governance and traditional affairs.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strategic thinking, Planning, prioritizing and effective communication skills are essential.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- In depth knowledge and extensive understanding of Community and Social Services and its Management practices, Labour Relations, Training and Skills Development of personnel, as well as various Municipal and related Government legislative framework.
- Knowledge of municipal transversal services including youth development.
- A team player, with strong strategic leadership and management abilities.
- Ability to interpret, implements, statutes and develop policies
- Must have good verbal, communication and Computer literacy skills
- Must have Financial Management and Time Management skills
- Proven ability to provide visionary, innovative and strategic leadership to a diverse workforce
- Knowledge of Developmental Local Government
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide support and advice to the Municipal Manager and Council on matters relating to Community and Social services
- Develop and implement key strategic / business plans in relation to Community and Social services including Youth Development, Disadvantaged individuals, Youth matters and Women, Disaster Management, Security, Traffic & Licensing services, Spot Management and other services in accordance with local government legislation and treasury regulations.
- Manage efficient provision of municipal services
- Manage Community and Social services of the municipality, Training and Provide strategic support and oversee the provision of support services in all units within the directorate
- Develop, review and manage the implementation of Community and Social Services strategies, plan policies and Procedures in line with national policy framework and guidelines
- Provide strategic leadership in Community services
- Implement the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) as well as strategic goals of the Community Services Department
- Manage Community services department Budget
- Compile directorate monthly, quarterly, mid-term and annual reports in line with the legislative requirements for council and other organ of state
- The incumbent will perform the duties and function as contained in section 55 of the local government Municipal system Act, 2000 (Act 32 of 2000)
- Leading and managing staff and all related matters Implement the Integrated Development Plan (IDP) as well as strategic goals of the Community Services Department
- Draft and ensure implementation of the departmental strategic plan and SDBIP.
- Develop, implement and take control of Capital & Operational Budget.
- Ensure that the municipality gets a clean audit as required by National Treasury.
- Ensure that all risks identified during risk assessment are attended to at all times.
- Manage and ensure productive utilization of personnel within the department.
Last modified: December 19, 2016