This is a four (4) year fixed —performance contract in terms of Section 56 of the Municipal Systems Amendment Act of 2011. The successful candidate will report directly to the Municipal Manager. A competitive remuneration package is negotiable.
- To assist the Accounting Officer to carry out his or her financial management responsibilities in areas ranging from budget preparation to financial reporting and the development and maintenance of internal control policies and procedures
- To manage the Finance Department of the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality and implement financial reforms with the assistance of appropriately skilled finance staff.
- A minimum of a Bachelor Degree in the fields of Accounting and Finance or relevant qualification
- A qualification as a Chartered Accountant (SA) or a relevant postgraduate will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years at Senior and Middle Management levels in the finance related field, of which at least 3 years must have been at Senior Management level
- Knowledge of MFMA, GRAP and GAMAP, Treasury Regulations, DORA, Budgeting, Auditing requirements and Supply Chain Management is essential
- Extensive knowledge of Local Government legislation, policy and regulatory framework and procedures.
- Legibility in terms of the Minimum Competence Framework for Senior/ Section 56 & 57 Managers as promulgated by the Minister of Corporate Governance and Traditional Affairs
- Knowledge of financial management systems, especially Pastel Evolution.
- Leadership, analytical ability and managerial experience
- Strategic leadership and management Strategic financial management
- Operational financial management
- Governance, ethics and values in financial management
- Financial and performance reporting
- Legislation, policy and implementation
- Supply chain management
- Audit and risk management experience
- Program and Project management
- Change management
- Stakeholder relations
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Report directly to the Accounting Officer on strategic financial management issues
- Provide adequate financial management advice to Council, Accounting Officer as well as the Executive Management Team
- Effectively and efficiently implement and manage the financial management systems
- Develop and implement key strategic/business plans to ensure effective implementation of management of systems, processes, procedures and controls relating to Supply Chain Management, Revenue Management, Expenditure Management and Budget Preparation & Reporting
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements and other mandatory Financial Management Reports
- Perform duties and functions delegated to the Chief Financial Officer by the Municipal Finance Management Act and as delegated by Council and/or by the Accounting Officer
- Ensure legislative, regulatory, policy, practices and standards compliance
- Implementation of effective processes, support and co-ordination for the compilation of the Integrated Development Plan, Budget and Service Delivery and Budget Implementation Plan
- Strategically engage with auditors and provide appropriate and timely responses to audit queries
- Responsible for the execution and timely delivery of departmental outputs as outlined in the departmental SDBIP and CFO’s performance contract
- Facilitate stakeholder participation and involvement.
N.B: All successful candidates will go through a security clearance.
Forward your application with a copy of the following documents: CV, qualifications, Identity document Applications can be forwarded to the following address:
Last modified: December 19, 2016