The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality which is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer seeks to appoint suitably qualified person/s for the position of:
POST: CHAIRPERSON OF THE RISK MANAGEMENT COMMITTEE: (3 YEAR CONTRACT BASED ON THE PERFORMANCE)
- Formal post-matric qualification in either, Accounting, Auditing, Financial Management or Risk Management
- Proven experience in the field of Risk Management, accounting or auditing
- Sound knowledge of the principles of corporate Governance, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Committee on Sponsoring Organization (COSO) model, the public sector Risk Management Framework,
- Experience in serving as oversight committee member/chairperson
The successful candidate will be responsible for Risk Management Committee and provide oversight regarding:
- Interacting with the Audit Committee to share information relating to material risks of the institution
- Review the risk appetite and tolerance and recommend for approval by the Accounting Officer;
- Review the municipality’s risk identification and assessment methodologies to obtain reasonable assurance of the completeness and accuracy of the risk register;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of mitigating strategies to address the material risks of the municipality;
- Report to the Accounting Officer any material changes to the risk profile of the municipality;
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of the fraud prevention policy;
- Develop goals, objectives and key performance indicators to measure the effectiveness of the risk management activity;
The successful candidate will be appointed for an initial period of 3 years subject to renewal at the discretion of the institution and will be remunerated in accordance with the scales determined and approved by National Treasury for Committees. The institution reserves the right to review this period as and when necessary.
Interested candidates must forward their CV’s reflecting the above competencies and contact details of at least three client references to:
|The Administrator||Hand delivery to office no 55(Registry)|
|Bushbuckridge Local Municipality||R533 Graskop Road|
|Private Bag X 9308||Bushbuckridge|
Note: If you have not heard from the Municipality within (2) two weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Enquiries can be directed to the Human Resources Department on 013 799 1851/57
The Municipality reserves the right not to make any appointment.
Closing date for applications is 26 July 2014.
Last modified: December 19, 2016